a) Does tandem MS require a collision chamber to be part of the instrumental setup?
b) Right or wrong? Decide and give a brief statement.
- Metastable ions desompose on the picosecond time scale:
- Metastable ions do only occur on magnetic sector instruments:
- Field-free regions are required for metastable ion dissociations:
- Only metabstable ions dissociation in field-free regions can be analyzed on the subsequent stage.
- Collision-induced dissociation is frequently employed for fragment ion generation from otherwise stable prescursor ions.
Answered all questions? Want to see the solutions page?