a) What is the meaning of the following acronyms:
- CI: chemical ionization
- PICI: positive-ion chemical ionization
- NICI: negative-ion chemical ionization (Chap. 7)
b) Which of the following attributes apply to CI?
- Soft ionization technique: YES
- Old method: YES
- Very difficult to apply: NO
- Still highly relevant method: YES
c) Name four processes of positive ion generation in CI and write down the corresponding general equations.
d) What role does a reagent gas play in CI?
Complete Answers _7.1c_7.1d