a) What is the difference between BE and EB magnetic sector instruments when it comes to their use for MIKES?
b) Double-focusing magnetic sector instruments can be operated in numerous scan modes for tandem MS. Some these require more than one parameter to be varied for a scan. How are those methods termed?
c) Right or wrong?
- B/E = const. linked scans offer good precursor ion resolution.
- The accurate mass of fragment ions cannot be determined when using B/E = const. linked scanning.
- BEBE and EBEB instruments have extensively been used for tandem MS to sequence peptides.
- Four sector instruments are compact and ecomonic.
- Tandem MS on magnetic sector instruments pioneered gas phase ion chemistry.
Answered all questions? Want to see the solutions page?